Sunday, January 4, 2009

Again, With the Snow??

So here it is the night before the 1st day of school for the new year and this is a picture of what is going on right now! I can't believe it. We just had our winter break extended by three days before it even started. Now there is a possibility that it could be extended again. The weathermen have predicted that this snow will be followed "quickly" by rain. I hope for once that they are correct in their forecast.
It's pretty wet snow as evidenced by my slip/slide down the front steps when I went to take the picture. Of course that might have been because I was wearing slippers at the time! It
was just good there was no one there to see it as I think it was quite a hilarious fall. The old feet flying out from under me. Luckily I wasn't hurt other than my dignity--at least I don't think so. I'm sure I will find out tomorrow.
I am actually looking forward to getting back into a routine. It feels like we have been on break for a long time. Not that I am looking forward to getting up. I have been sleeping in every day--and not just for a little bit. It will be a rude awakening.
So here's hoping the rain comes in and the roads are clear tomorrow!
1/6/09 Postscript: It snowed about 2-3 inches overnight but it was super slushy Monday morning so school started on time!! The kids didn't even get a late start out of it. The school was freezing on Monday though! All the snow was gone by this morning but we continue to have typical, crappy gray weather. A big wind storm is blowing in tonight with light rain. Gotta love Seattle winters!

5 comments:

jo said...

I love those pictures....snow falling in the night! We've been getting the same storms :) We woke up to snow this morning. Our break wasn't extended, however, so back to the hum drum.

crazy lady said...

Man, I bet the traffic has been horrendous! I'm back at school today and there has been a "bit" of snow fall and some predicted for tomorrow. But, I'm seriously doubting that it will amount to anything. If it does, it's because Kels is here and she hates the snow and cold... :0)

Lost Woman said...

What a strange Seattle winter!
My friend from Tucson just moved up there in November and is freaked out about it.
(I secretly think it is funny on her behalf)
Drive safely!)

michandler said...

Is that Monika??

Lost Woman said...

Yeah! Do you remember her? Did I tell you she was coming, or did you meet her when you were here?

If so I should hook you two up. She is a crazy keep herself busy at all times lady. She cant work until summer because of getting her state license for Wash.

If you want her contact info let me know. She and Bruce are really super nice people.