Thursday, September 23, 2010

XCountry Kid

I was going to post something around his birthday, but the pictures are still on the camera. So instead I will post about Spencer's new sport this year. He joined the Ballard High cross-country team. He has pretty much been running every day since August (except when he got his wisdom teeth out). He's not the fastest but he's not the slowest. He seems to be enjoying himself despite the constant running and being tired. We are pretty proud of him for sticking with it and doing his best. He gets up for Seminary at 5:30am every Mon-Fri and runs after school from 2:45 until 5pm. Needless to say he is one tired puppy at the end of the day. Here's just a couple pictures from recent meets. He keeps getting better every week. He has been cutting of a few seconds every race. Look at my pale boy run! However, at last weekend's meet is was sunny (weird but true for Seattle) and scorched is arms and neck.
So I was hoping to do a birthday post for him because he got his biggest wish ever. A cell phone! With an actual plan that includes all the texting he wants. And, it wasn't me that caved--it was Dennis. Weird I know. It was so fun to give him the present. He was so surprised. He hadn't even put it on his wish list for his birthday, he was so convinced it would never happen. Fun times.

3 comments:

crazy lady said...

Oh MY! I think this means the end of the world is near!!! Dennis caved?!? I bet Spencer WAS surprised! And thrilled beyond words...probably not beyond texting though :0)
I'm VERY impressed with him and the running. That can be a life sport (while football, and the like are participatory and then couch-a-patory). The fact that he's working to improve his best is fantastic. And his schedule sounds like it pretty much precludes any time for trouble so - life is GOOD!
Tell him Happy Belated Birthday and congrats on the running and new phone.

Lost Woman said...

Wow, He didn't mention the cell phone.
Probably too busy texting? (:


Happy birthday Mr Spencer. I expect to see more pictures from his camera.

jo said...

Good for Spencer! and congrats on the cell phone....the whole texting thing has me perplexed...I hope it passes over before my kids get there...it's probably here to stay, though...BOO!