Friday, March 2, 2007

A Banner Week for Tucker



Not only did Tucker get ordained as the President of his Teacher's quorum on Sunday, celebrate his birthday on Monday (he turned 15) he also made the Ballard High School soccer team on Thursday! He is very excited about being the President and takes his responsibility very seriously. His birthday was very low key with only Oma & Opa as guests. While it is only the all Freshman JVC soccer team he still made the team when about 8-10 other kids got cut. I say 8-10 because it was always a mystery (from his account) exactly how many kids were trying out for soccer. In fact much of it was conflicting when he was telling us what was going on. We were never sure if there really WAS a Frosh team or how many kids were trying out. It's kind of like his accounts of his school work. "Yes, I did hand that in. I mean I'm going to hand that in. I mean I'm going to finish that work, then hand it in." Or our personal favorite "Don't get mad, but.....insert excuse for bad grade" Truly he is a great kid. It's totally amazing to believe he is 15.

1 comment:

crazy lady said...

Holy Cow!!! Tucker is 15! Wow, doesn't seem possible. I can relate to the excuses only too well. We just had 6 weeks report cards and parent teacher conferences are this week. So, I've heard my share this week "I couldn't turn that in because my mom was in jail".... Nice post! Karen Kae