Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rated PG

What!? Two posts in two days. (I had to get at least two in October--and yes, there will be Halloween pictures but they may not be posted officially until November). Rated PG for those squeamish or PETA among us, more of the Triumphant Hunter (in hand-knitted chapeau). Dennis took this with our old camera and I had to post it. I don't know whether it was before or after the afternoon nap. I think before as he always looks a bit droopy eyed after napping (see photo in previous post). The dogs name is Sandy and she is a go-getter! Pretty nice as dogs go and I really am NOT a dog lover. (Live in Seattle awhile and you'll start to hate them too--or at least their owners, but I digress).
You may have wondered in my previous post "But where is Miss Kim?" Never one to miss out on trampoline or hay jumping she was sadly laid up from a previous encounter with said hay. (The big black thing next to the sofa is her foot brace). She lounged about gracefully indoors as you can see in this photo. She was busy crafting a masterpiece with crayons and markers which is sure to be published by her orthodontists and net her $50 from said orthodontists. It was appropriately Halloween themed with a ghost, pumpkin & bat, all sporting braces. The "slogan" was "Don't go around with scary teeth! Get braces to make them neat. (My contribution--all those years in advertising....) Sure to be the winning entry for the month of October. This can be said unequivicably after veiwing a previous year's calendar and seeing the sad lack of talent when compared to Miss Kim. (I also noticed that she officially no longer looks like a little girl. She is definitely a young woman and much more grown up looking. It happens.)
I spoke about Rachel's new toy but did not post a picture of the kids mugging for the camera. I didn't notice the back lighting coming in which of course made the kids dark in the picture. This is not a great picture because I really had to lighten it to get the kids faces. But you see that the biggest hams are the littlest and the biggest kids. Spencer and Leah could hardly get any face time with the rest of the camera hogs--especially the two youngest. You can see that they were having alot of fun with the computer.
You'll note that I am once again posting late at night--well late for me. An unusual occurance for me as during the week I generally like to be in bed by 9 or 9:30 (because 5:30 comes so darn early). Tucker has a late start at school tomorrow so I thought I would be "generous" and give him the day off from seminary. He is way too quick to point out to anyone who gives him a hard time (because he's generally always there) that if it was up to him he'd still be in bed. Makes me glad that God has blessed me with the ability to somehow get up every morning to get him there. There's no other way it would ever happen because I am SO not a morning person. Never have been in my whole life until now. Amazing. Honestly though, I am glad to have a morning to sleep in too. Who knew that 7:15 was "sleeping in"?? Not me before now.

3 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Two post so close together... whats going on??
I like that! Nice to see a bit of Aletas life too since she is far from the online world.
I love the pic of the kids hamming for the computer! James looks like an elf and Cooper like a little fish.
I bet they had a ball.
I heard about poor Kimberly and the ankle. I can relate as I have rolled my left ankle so many times it is beyond counting. (the last being just last year,,brace and all)
Now anything before 9 am will NEVEr be sleeping in in my book. I dream of the day I would wake up and feel rested and even remotely good.
A difficult thing to describe to superior minded morning types who often pop up wide awake at 5am.
Good thing I didn't have kids..

wallymom said...

Hey, I am with you on the morning thing. I thought getting up at 6:00 with Connor was bad. Good for you though. Way to get him there.

crazy lady said...

Another great post. And I concur about sharing some of Aleta's family. I happen to live with a freak of nature who pops awake between 5 and 5:30 and is quite perky most days. I am not. No bones about that. But, I am much better about it than I used to be.
I seem to have lost the ability to stay up late though.
anyway, thanks for sharing your fun weekend.
I think I'll go home now and have a little lie down. It's that dang old age I'm sure of it!!!
Just you wait:0)