Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Old Man

Dennis' 50th birthday was Wednesday, October 7th. We both took the day off and played golf together. It was a gorgeous, sunny day, perfect for golf. He had a great round and despite being barely able to walk I did pretty well (The new exercise routine at the gym the day before left my quads like jello. Going downhill even slightly was a bear!) That's how we celebrated the day of his birthday.
Since it was his 50th after all a party must be held (even though I didn't want to, party pooper that I am) and Wednesday being the middle of the week and all it had to be another day and someplace else. Kathy (Oma) graciously allowed us to have it at their place. Luckily Saturday, the 10th was also a pretty decent day and we held the party in the back yard. We had most of his family (including his aunt & uncle from Port Ludlow) plus a few of our friends. It was a very nice evening. We had tons of Mexican food and everyone just hung out in the back yard.

We lit a fire in an old washtub so that everyone had some place to get warm as the night got a little chilly as the sun went down. The kids also strung up some Christmas lights to give a little light and set the mood.
I figured I would throw in this picture of me, with my friend Peg and sister-in-law Lisa just because I hardly ever include pictures of myself.

5 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Happy 50!!

Sounds like Dennis' perfect day, golf finished off with Mexican food and time with the fam.

I'm thinking the boys are taking advantage of this opportunity to rib "the ol man".

Time whizzing on by.

jo said...

Happy 50th Birthday, Dennis! Sounds like it was such a good day :) I love the Mexican Food, fire in an old washtub and strung lights...casual and FUN!

crazy lady said...

I don't know what you're all talking about. Dennis is a YOUNG man! Id does sound like a great bash though. It's always fun to get togehter with family. I'm glad you threw in a pic of you for a change. You look grand! And no one would know you had thighs of jello. (though hopefully by then they were feeling a bit better:0)

The Desiree said...

What Dennis if 50! There is something wrong with that. That means I am getting older too. Ohh, I hate this.
Tell him Happy Birthday!

wallymom said...

Happy Birthday, Dennis. Sounds like a great day.