Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Eastern WA Style


We drove over to Eastern Washington this past weekend for the annual pheasant scare. (I guess I shouldn't call it that since Bill & Dennis generally get a pheasant or two for all their traipsing around the Palouse.) We went sans Tucker who had to stay home to work.
On Saturday, Dennis goes out with Bill and I usually drive from Pullman to Colfax to visit Aleta. So here's a few pictures from the trip.

Spencer, Kimberly and Leah played a rousing game of Phase 10. Much to Spencer's chagrin, Kimberly pulled out a win on the last Phase. The girls are getting so grown up looking. Kimberly is a Junior in high school and Leah in in 8th grade--same as Spencer.











James is looking more grown up all the time too. It's hard to beleive he is 5 already. Of course I am always thinking he is older than that. He had a great time with Cooper and was sad to see him leave (or maybe it was the Lego men that Cooper had brought with him).
Jumping on the trampoline is always a fun time too. The kids stayed out there for quite awhile, even though it was a very blustery day. They had some game going that involved someone laying in the middle pretending to be a "dead man". James was in 7th heaven to have two new playmates, and boys at that!

After our day at Aleta's we headed back to Bill's house in Pullman to get ready for Halloween. Cooper & Laura carved pumpkin together. Then Cooper
got dressed to go trick-or-treating. He was very excited to be the Grim Reaper. I especially like the skeletal gloves. Kind of creepy.

Laura & Spencer volunteered to take Cooper out in the neighborhood and although neither of them dressed up, they still managed to come back with their pockets full of candy. The said they never actually asked for candy, that people just gave it to them. Cooper made quite a haul with his pillowcase too of course.
Now last but not least, the creepy family photo. I hate the inside out eyelid thing that Dennis does, but you have to admit that it does make a great Halloween picture!

5 comments:

crazy lady said...

Ok. That whole turning the eyelids inside out has ALWAYS given me the heebie jeebies! He is WAY scarier than Cooper. Crazy how boys always feel the need to be something scary. I remember Jaron being the grim reaper for about 3 or 4 years in a row. I think I liked Tyson better as Beetlejuice... I guess I prefered Kelsey in her unicorn or exotic bird outfits. I must be a girl or something.
Looks like a fun time in WA. And YES, those kids are growing up fast! Just like yours!
Thanks for sharing. I love Halloween pictures - (well except for turned out eyelid ones :0)

The Desiree said...

What a busy weekend you had. I love the pictures! They are growing up,it is crazy.

Lost Woman said...

Thanks for sharing your pics! Looks like a fun time.

It is amazing how all the kids change so fast.

Yes, the eyelid thing is super creepy. I don't imagine he would have gotten a lot of candy for that trick.

jo said...

You've been very busy! Looks like lots of fun, though. Cooper looks very scary and so does Dennis!

I loved the picture of the water in Hawaii...I could sit and look at that from a warm beach for a day or two...no problem. Glad you guys were able to go and have some R&R!

My Angels said...

It has been years since I have seen Aleta and her kids! My last real memory is of Leah when she was like 5 or 6 and Rylie was a new born at Redfish. I can't believe they are so big. But then again I still have Tucker as a 18 month old burned in my head too, CRAZY!!

Sounds like a great trip to Hawaii! I am all about the sitting and relaxing!! Aaron and I are coming up on our 10 year anniversary, and are trying to figure out what kind of a get away we can come up with that won't put holes in our pockets.