Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend








Just a couple pictures from our Thanksgiving weekend. The Miste/Cooper picture are the place markers that Spencer made for everyone for dinner. He loves doing that for special occasions. I think he is pretty darn creative. The paper is obviously pre-printed but the names are pure Spencer. Note the gravy spill on Cooper's--no explanation necessary other than it's Cooper's which should be self-explanatory.
The day after Thanksgiving Tucker worked and hung out with friends and Spencer went shopping with a friend. That left Cooper home with mom & dad by himself. When asked what he wanted to do it was go to the zoo. So that's what we did. He totally loves the zoo and it was a beautiful, sunnyish kind of day. Fun day with mom & dad.
Saturday the two younger boys and I went to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox which is one of the weirdest movies I have seen in a long time. Creepy animation to boot. The boys didn't laugh once I think--three thumbs down. Although I have heard that some people think it's the best movie ever--must be a different sense of humor than mine. (Maybe the Napolean Dynomite crowd).
Dennis & Tucker went to the shooting range with Dennis' brother Dan and his son James.
A fun weekend for all. This weekend it's the search for the Christmas tree. Maybe that will get me in the mood. I have done zero shopping. Spencer pointed out the other day that I didn't even put out the advent calendar Oma made for the boys--still haven't, that's how bad I am. Here's hoping the tree gets me in the mood.!

4 comments:

Lost Woman said...

It's easy to be a Grinch when you live alone. No one bothers you about it, and there is no need for ornaments and fake snow. Must be considerably harder to be a Grinch with kids. (:

Spencer's place names looks lovely. He is a creative soul.

Hope the upcoming days of shopping are fruitful!

crazy lady said...

Shopping?!? What? I'm pretty much in denial that we even had Thanksgiving and even if it IS bitter cold, I'm still in the fall frame of mind. Though I AM excited I get to go see Kelsey after Christmas.
Spencer's cards look grand. You are having a bit of the the preview of life as the kids begin to leave the nest... Bittersweet.

The Desiree said...

This is when you start telling your kids,"you know how it's done, do it". That's what my mom did any way. I think that when your kids aren't little anymore that you are burnt out and need a break. I love Spencer's table cards, very creative!

jo said...

Man....I like Desiree's advice! I've decided Christmas really wouldn't happen without moms around....sometimes it would be nice for someone to put Christmas on for me :) Oh, well....tis the season to be merry!!

I like the place cards...I have always wanted those at Thanksgiving but haven't gotten there myself.....too busy cooking the Turkey:)