Friday, February 5, 2010

Budding Photographer





As you can see by the name on each of these photos, they were taken by Spencer. This is what he has been doing in his spare time lately. All of these were taken inside the house. He takes them and then goes on Picasa or this other website and maniupulates them. These are just a few from the last couple of days. I think he has a really good eye for someone who knows next to nothing about photography other than point & click. I think they are really clever and interesting, but then I am his mom I guess. I am hoping to find some kind of photography camp for him this summer but so far haven't found anything online. Will keep looking since it apparently is something he is very interested in. I definitely think he has potential!
On a completely different note, I guess the romance is over. Tucker informed us tonight that he broke up with Caitlin. Didn't seem too cut up about it. Says he wants to "focus on school right now". Whatever.

7 comments:

hectorscout said...

If you don't find a photography camp anywhere you should get send him out to visit Celiac and Crazy Lady. I'm sure they'd be happy to teach him all about photography and Photoshop respectively. You can pretty much learn everything you need to know about f-spots and shutter speeds in about 5 minutes anyway. The rest is just playing with them and seeing what happens. The pictures look good though, having an eye for what makes a good photograph is the harder more important part.

crazy lady said...

Ditto to what Hector said. Don't the schools there have any graphic design or computer art classes?
I'll be happy to show him a bit when he's here next weekend.
He's off to a good start though - interest, a discerning eye and some time - those are some of the main ingredients. And digital cameras and photo manipulation programs have completely changed the world of photography.

Lost Woman said...

I thought he had a keen eye when he visited last summer.
Great shots from unique perspectives.

Some sort of camp or workshop is always fun and motivating and could really up his skills on the technical end.

The Desiree said...

Wow! I think they are great! I really like them, of coarse I am looking at them from someone who has no talent in that area... isn't that most of the population.

wallymom said...

I also think the pictures are great. What an interesting perspective. It's so fun to see and encourage your kids talents.

jo said...

Those are awesome! Good for Spencer....bloom where you are planted......

My Angels said...

Talent runs through his veins!! Hope your visit home was a good one!!