Monday, February 22, 2010

Idaho Adventures

Spencer, Cooper and I visited mom & dad over our Mid-Winter Break--not Spring Break, that's the end of March, but mid-winter break because you can never have enough breaks from schooling in the Seattle Public Schools. Anyway, we flew from here to Boise, rented a car and drove to Pocatello where we were able to spend a little time with Karen and also, bonus, Celiac! It great to spend time with both. Monday we drove from Poky to Mackay and spent the rest of the time with mom & dad. The boys played in the snow....
Went sledding down the Mine Hill almost every day, often accompanied by Kendra, who is a little speed demon on the sled!
This is me just moments before my sled flew out from under me and I landed, really hard, on my tailbone after only going about 1/2 way down the hill and on my first run no less--ouch. With tears almost coming to my eyes, I slowly made my way down the rest of the hill and that was the end of my sledding escapades for the trip. My tailbone is still trying to recover!

The day after the sledding "accident", Randy took the boys & I snowmobiling up Pass Creek. I rode behind Spencer and Cooper rode by himself. I think both boys were pretty proud of being able to drive the snowmobiles themselves. It was a beautiful day and a really nice ride despite my sore tailbone.
All and all it was a fun trip and a nice visit. I am glad we made the trip!

(Sorry we missed you Amy. I was mixed up about when our flight left Boise and we had to leave sooner! See you this summer though)

4 comments:

wallymom said...

I'm sorry we missed you too! I heard it was only by 5 minutes. Good thing you didn't miss your flight. I'm glad you also had an excellant time, and hope the recovery isn't too much longer.

Lost Woman said...

I'm jealous of the snowmobiling!

It was great to pass for only a short time, and the pictionary was superb.

Looks like a great mid-winter adventure to me.

jo said...

Looks like so much fun...aside from the tailbone :( Sometimes those can be tender for a while...sending fast healing vibes your way!

How nice to come and play in the snow...now your winter is complete and spring can come :)

You should have let me know you'd be dropping in Boise...I could have made you breakfast, lunch, dinner....a clean batheroom...whatever you needed:) Sometimes there just isn't time, though....I understand.

Glad you came and enjoyed some family time!

The Desiree said...

Sorry I wasn't able to come and see you guys. I am glad that you and the boys had a good time though. We will see you this summer instead.