Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Be Careful What You Wish For

So I went on this new regime to help see what foods I might have a reaction to. Last night it was just me, Dennis and Cooper at home (read on to see where Spencer was) so we decided we would go out(which we often do when it is only us and one of the boys). We had to think a bit to decide where we could go and I could still eat something good. We settled on Beth's Cafe which is this awesome little hole in the wall breakfast place. They are famous for their 12 egg omelette (which thinking about it almost makes me sick). Anyway I figured I would be fine eating the veggie egg scramble (only 3 eggs involved) with no cheese. Forgetting about the fact that it also come with all you can eat hash browns and is pretty much covered in grease/oil of possible butter origin. It was yummy of course bit I immediately knew after we were done that it was a mistake. Today I am paying for it with a headache and queasy stomach--staying home from work in bed even! Talk about a reaction!!
Spencer was not able to go out with us because he has joined the ranks of the working stiffs along with Tucker. He was supposed to find a job by the end of last year and half-heartedly gave it a try because he was face with the prospect of losing his cell phone. His half-hearted efforts of course did not pay off (shocking). Dennis did let him off the hook on the cell phone (sort of) letting him do housework (cleaning the bathroom, kitchen & living room) to earn his cell phone instead. Tucker was able to help out by using some of his former connections at Safeway to get him on as a courtesy clerk. He started last week with some training a couple of nights and then Thursday night he was official. We had to go out this weekend to find him some black, non-tennis shoe, shoes because his Sunday shoes were not comfortable for long hours of standing on your feet. So here he is in his complete work regalia looking all grown up. It seems like it was only yesterday that he was dressing up and calling a magazine a mazzagine. Don't wish them grown up fast because it happens faster than you think.

5 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Spencer has a real job???? You will be hearing all sorts of stories from that I can guess. (:
Way to use the ol connections. That is how it often goes. Good thing Tucker is a guy to work the room.

Now.. .your reaction to the omlettes...are you suspecting butter, or do you think it is a nightshade reaction? (potatoes)

I cut out nightshades (along with dairy and sugar) for the first 6 months after I went Gluten free. I know they are a big trigger for me. But ohhh how I miss potatoes. ):

The Desiree said...

Yeah so what exactly was the reaction to? Sorry that you felt so horrible. Isn't it crazy how the reaction is so bad after you haven't had what ever it was for awhile.

I can't believe he has a job either. It was just yesterday he was begging me and Alli to paint his finger nails. He was such a cute baby!

michandler said...

I think the reaction was to the oil/butter personally, not the potatoes. I have still been eating potatoes so I think it is the oil/butter.

crazy lady said...

I think the photo of Mr. Spencer is grand. He looks very professional and I would be proud to have him help me with my bags or "whatever". And I've been told I qualify as an old lady- so that is a professional opinion.

Sounds like you're taking a proactive approach to tackling your medical issues. I know Celiac could be a fount of information as she has been doing a much more restrictive regime than this one for y-e-a-r-s-...and could offer insights.
Hope it continues to help and that you find things you can eat to help your symptoms.

jo said...

Sorry to hear you got what you wished for....oh, my! Good Luck.
I definately know what I cannot tolerate after having my gallbladder removed....not fun.

Spencer looks so official:) Congrats to him...I can just picture him helping people and being super polite...even to people he would rather treat otherwise...because we all know what working with the public is like...there are some strange ducks out there! Go get 'em, Spencer!