Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer Fun

I didn't take as many pictures of our summer trips this year.  Mostly because my camera battery won't stay charged.  It's difficult to find a battery for it now so I guess it must be time for a new one.  Anyway here are a few photos from some summer adventures. 
 This is Tucker learning to kayak in Bill's swimming pool.  It wasn't actually as dark as it seems in this picture.  It WAS evening but not this dark.  Tucker learned out to exit the boat once it is flipped over but not how to flip himself back up while still in the boat.  Though he did try it many times, he always had to exit with the boat turned upside down.  This and a couple other similar pictures of him are the only pictures I got of our rafting trip this year.  :-(
 This is us "sunning" at the beach on our annual Chandler Beach Campout.  Notice the mulitple layers of clothing and the towel substituting for a blanket?  That pretty much sums up the weather.  Well that and the next couple of pictures.
Here is Cooper enjoying the surf and no, it is not a badly taken picture.  This is actually what the weather was like--foggy.  And yes, it was pretty much as cold as it actually looks.
 The coldness however did not stop Cooper from spending a few hours body surfing and also using the boogie board--which sadly I did not get a picture.  The boy has no nerve endings I'm convinced.
We did spend quite a bit of time around the fire.  This being late in the day when it was at its warmest.  Dennis is at least sporting his beach sandals. 
Here's Tucker with his cousin Emma (purple jacket) and her friend Cailey who has camped with us every year for probably 5-8 years I think.  It WAS fun despite the bad weather.  It didn't rain, it was just socked in with fog and the temperature only in the 60s but being intrepid Washingtonians that didn't stop us from staying the whole time.  Sadly, the best day of the Friday, Saturday & Sunday we were there was Sunday when we packed up to leave!  Oh well.

We are finishing up the big living room remodel. Next post will be the before & after photos.  Not that I got good before photos and I kind of forgot to get in the middle photos...it will still be a pretty amazing transformation!  Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Oh man... if only some of that "cool" weather could be shared in my direction. It looks chilly indeed.

I didn't know Tucker was interested in kayaking. That whole hanging upsidedown in the water thing has always freaked me out.

Looks like Cooper managed to enjoy it all in spite of the chilly surf.

Can't wait to see the living room transformation!!

My Angels said...

You have had quite the summer! I am bummed to have missed you guys this year! I have to just say you and Dennis Rock! I don't know that I could ski now in my mid 30's!

Amy Wallace said...

That looks so cold! i'm glad you still made it fun. a fabulous summer

crazy lady said...

You DID manage to fit in quite a lot of fun, grey or otherwise. Well done!