Saturday, July 21, 2012

When Families Gather II

But wait there's more. When Families Gather I was all Spencer's photos. These are my photos of the gathering.  There was lots of crafting by cute "little relatives" (see WFG I for "little relatives" reference)
 There were watermelons to paint as Emily demonstrates.
 Birdhouses to paint and decorate.  As shown by Kaitlyn.
 Kindra & Korbie show that even big kids like to craft.
Everyone loves to craft--even Des!
 Some even cuter "little relatives" and well, Cooper (cute in his own St. Bernard way).
Kindra once again showing off her color combos!
 If you are sensing a trend with the headbands--there was one.  Yes, it was one of the crafting options (even I made one).  I believe that Gordon made his himself.  I know I saw him braiding fabric...
  This is too show that Beckett truly did still love Spencer (see WFG I).  They spent some real quality time at the beach.  Though Spencer did say it was hard to get all that sand off his hairy legs.
I love this exchange between Spencer & Becket!
 Even the "men" participated in the game playing.  This was an all men card game.  I believe there were two that happened.  We refuse to talk about the same card game that involved 10 year old Dillon gleefully beating everyone the first time he played.  :-)
Lincoln contemplating some roasted hotdogs.  This was days before the incident with the swing.  We hope he is not emotionally scarred by his visit with the family and will be back next year!
 This was our home away from home.  It was super to be able to sleep in the cabins and have the lodge to meet late into the evening.  We could make as much noise as we wanted into the night and not get tormented by thousands of bugs.  It was perfect.
 I threw this in just because Spencer deserves it!
More fun in the Sand!
Though not the best picture (Desi would kill me for using the ones of her) this shows the fun tire swing we found at the edge of the lake.  Lacey's husband Mike was really good at launching the kids from high up in the air and into the lake.
It truly was as awesome few days!  (Read on in When Families Gather I)

2 comments:

Lost Woman said...

Thanks for posting all the pics.
I took zero (literally) this year.
Glad to have some to add to the stock pile.

Also glad to know that you had a great time.

The Desiree said...

I finally got all caught up. I don't know where I have been for the last three of your posts! Very cute, and thanks for not using the one you got of me on the tire swing. I had a ton of fun, thanks for being so great!