Friday, November 16, 2012

Hawaii 2012

We spent a week in Hawaii from November 3 through November 10.  We went to Maui for the 4th time.  Dennis gets the trip through work so basically we only have to pay for food (and sometimes not even that).   We stay on the north end of the island at the Kaanapali Westin Resort which is pretty awesome (love the Heavenly Beds).  We got to do a couple of events paid for by the radio station sponoring the trip.  One of those was ziplining which was totally a blast.  There were 8 lines that went back & forth across a valley up in the mountains.  This first picture (from such an awesome angle) is of me going across one canyon.  I was always ending up backwards for some reason.
 We have a video of me coming across after the guide literally threw me off the platform and the guide on the other end pulling the cable up and down to make me bounce.  It was absolutely fun!  Had the best time ever and highly recommend ziplining if you get a chance. 
 This is us at the break between the first and last four lines.  We stopped at this platform on the edge of the canyon where you could see how really high up you were even though it didn't seem like it was that high.  They served us lunch and then we did the last four lines.  With each line the distance got longer & longer. 

The other activity we did was golf of course.  We ended up playing three times altogether (paid for by the radio station--which made it even more awesome).  We got to play three fancy courses.  It was not the best golf I have ever played for various reasons (sore back one day, high winds two out of the three days, and a serious headache the last day) but it was still fun.  This is us in front of a Par 3 hole where the guys have to get their tee shot over the water that we are standing in front of.  I didn't have to shoot over it thankfully.
We also got to go to a Luau which is always a good time, sat by the pool and dipped in the ocean. We were not as adventurous as Amy's family, but then it was just us and we ARE getting old--though I do feel pretty studly about the ziplining!  It was a really nice week spent with the hubby sans kids without getting sunburned (or one bit tan as you can see by my really white legs in the last picture--but I'll take white legs any day over a sunburn!)

3 comments:

My Angels said...

Sorry to hear about the head and back aches and pains:/ We have a zip-line thing like that a few hours away that I want to do someday:) Sounds and looks like a blast! The golf picture great. That is how I picture Dennis in Heaven!!

Sandy hit the beach that we were at with my parents. But that is four hours to the east and north of us. So we didn't really see anything but rain, thank heavens!!

The Desiree said...

Man that really sucks to have to do that. I wish I had to go with my husband on a trip to Hawaii.
We have a zip line here and I often think it would be fun, but then I change my mind. You make we want to try it.
I am glad you guys got a chance to get away.

Lost Woman said...

You are super brave in my book. Ziplining sounds like an even faster way to get my bowels moving... and they don't need any help.
It sounds like you had a great trip.

I'm with Des.... bummer you keep having to do this over and over. Those darn brown nosing radio stations.

Geesh!