Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Work Space

I meant to do this post before we went to Hawaii but obviously I didn't.  I was thinking that I needed to change my post but didn't know what to do it about (things aren't always so exciting around here).  So I decided to do a little post about where I work at the school.   So this is the teacher mail boxes that are right in the entryway as you come in the main office.  You can't really make it out, but the pictures on all of them are of the staff members when they were babies or little kids.  I have been decorating the mailboxes with different themes (favorite books, pictures of what they did during the summer...) for a couple years now.  This one was really quite popular.
This is the front of the school.  The building was built in the 50s.  They used an open courtyard design like they do in California.  Of course our courtyards don't get much use during the school year because of the weather.  Our office is to the right of the main entrance doors.
This is just inside the main doors.
This is the counter in the main office.  My desk is on the right hand side just behind the counter.
This is my computer station.  Notice I have two computer screens.  It's awesome actually and really helps.  I thought it would be hard to get used to but now I don't know what I did without it.
This is the view from my desk back towards the waiting area.
And this is me and my desk partner Dana dressed up for Halloween.  We were trying to think of a duo theme and came to this one accidentally.  I was thinking Laurel & Hardy, Thing 1 & Thing 2, etc.  I just happened to mention I had the cow costume from Cooper last year and she had the Wood costume that her daughter used the year before.  So the cowboy & the cow.  It was accidental, but it sure was funny.  She is awesome to work with.  Such a positive lady and so willing to do whatever is needed.  We have a great time together.

6 comments:

The Desiree said...

That was really cool. I like to get a little peak into your everyday life. I am glad to hear you like your job and who you work with since it does take up such a huge portion of your life. You pretty much run the school I can see.;)

Lost Woman said...

Oh I love seeing all this stuff!
I'm totally jealous of your view out to that courtyard full of light and greenery. (even if it is usually grey)

Totally fun to re-decorate those mailboxes every year. I'd love that.
How about a "favorite work of art" theme?
I have my reasons.

(:

crazy lady said...

Ahh!!! I LOVE that you shared that. It is always really important to me to be able to visualize where people are and try to make it a point to see workplaces as well as homes when I visit people.
Also LOVE the Halloween dress up. What a cute little cow you make. (Possibly the one time in my life I can call you a "cute cow" and not offend ? :0)
It does look like you have a fun work place. I too am envious of your windows. My one window was covered when they built the new gym. Go figure...not like artist need natural light or anything.
So, two thumbs up for a great post! Thanks!

Amy Wallace said...

Just for the record, I really liked seeing your work place. It's the day to day things I love to see and hear. Makes me feel more connected. Would love to compare Maui notes sometime. We stayed in Kihei and never made it up to the part of the island you were at. Totally jealous of your zipline

Lost Woman said...

Hey!! Nice new family picture in the header!

jo said...

LOVE seeing where you spend your day! Looks like a nice place to work :) Love the cow costume and that you have a fun friend.

Thanks for the glimpse.