Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Then and...Well Just Then

I thought about doing another then and now but since I am the one who takes most of the photos and I am not inclined to do a self-portrait (ala Spencer) there aren't any current photos of me. The mandatory school yearbook photo that is taken at work doesn't count either. Although last year's wasn't too bad really. I dug this up because the ASB leader at school requested a middle school picture from the staff for some contest she is planning for the kids. I'm not positive that this is really a middle school picture because I can't remember which grade I was actually in when this picture was taken. Could be anywhere from 4th to 6th. The only other choice I had was an 8th grade photo and that is a face that is best not revisited. So this is the one I turned in. I guess you can see now where Tucker gets the flippy ends on his long hair. Kind of makes me wonder how he would look with a cute little white barrette in his hair. It also really shows how much Spencer really does look like me. Cooper too. I'm not sure I remember much about being that age. Perhaps when I am old and slipping into dementia it will all come back to me.

3 comments:

crazy lady said...

Speaking as an officially old person well on the slippery slope into dementia - if you don't remember it know it aint' coming back. However, I have been given many memories courtesy of my siblings. If you want to know stuff just ask Cerese, Gordon or Roberta. They have pretty good memories and specifics. Cerese tells wonderfully tragic stories about me force feeding the little girls ice cream. Moi???

Lost Woman said...

I think this picture is you in the 4th grade just a few years after Karen force fed us the ice cream. (:
I know you had your braces from 4-8 grade.(how cruel) but that doesn't really narrow it down does it?
Spencer does looks sooo much like you it is spooky. I really thought Cooper was more of your look alike, but in that pic Spencer wins.

oscar said...

Wow- your boys do have similar facial structure to this picture. By the way Karen you are free to force feed me ice cream anytime...or peach cobbler. Take your pick. Fun picture thanks for posting it!