Sunday, September 9, 2007

Then & Now

Since everyone else was doing these before and after photos, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon. I do have some before and after photos of my kitchen but that is not what I am sharing (although it is pretty amazing actually). This is a more personal before and after or actually then and now. I have had a tradition of taking a picture of the boys on the first day of school since Tucker started kindergarten (got the idea out of some magazine). And so I have a pictorial chronology of how they have grown and changed. We also take picture with their teacher on the last day of school--although that is only through elementary school. I think you can figure out which are the befores and which are the afters. Scary how much they change and how fast it happens. Tucker is just three short years away from being gone. I just won't think about that right now. I'll do my Scarlett O'Hara impression and think about it tomorrow. And yes, that is the same rug lying in front of the door in all the then & now pictures as Spencer so brilliantly pointed out. I have always meant to get something different but have just never gotten around to it. Just not a priority. If you have my name for Christmas there's an easy gift! Cooper is too close to his first day of school for there to be much of a difference. Although I swear he must weigh at least 20 pounds more than he did in kindergarten. That boy is going to eat us out of house and home as the saying goes. So here is a picture of him in front of his favorite vehicle--the mini Cooper naturally--complete with "The Italian Job " wheels. (Not our car, it's friend's).

3 comments:

crazy lady said...

It's amazing how quickly they change eh? I have first day of school pics of my kids starting with Jaron getting on the school bus his first day. Good times.
The denial thing works up until you have them in the car driving them off to college. At least that's when it hit me with Jaron.
Apparently I survived. Though the first few weeks with him gone was tough.
You're right, let's think about it tomorrow!:)

Lost Woman said...

These are the best before and afters..... although I am quite partial to the "befores" in this instance.
I'm not worried about the perennial carpet in front, but I would be worried if you used the same tennis shoes from Spencer's early picture.

wallymom said...

Love these pictures. I have done the same thing. We must read the same magazine! They grow too fast.