Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st Day & Wedded Bliss

Today was the 1st day of school for Seattle Public Schools. That means even more now than it did before since they are my employer. The last two weeks I have been working a little extra time to get ready for the big day. Well truth be told, I have been working alot of extra time. Will be looking forward to things getting a little calmer. We did make it through the 1st day though--both me and the boys. I always take a picture of the boys on the 1st day of school and the last day. So here is the one for this year. (I also took one of each boy alone.) I always like to compare the growth from year to year. I guess this one won't be all that helpful since Spencer is crouching. He is actually taller than me and was laughing yesterday about how short I was.
Today was also a banner day for Dennis and I. It was our 20th Anniversary! Yup that's right. We have been married for 20 years!! Scary. Even more scary, that's what we looked like on the big day 20 years ago. The kids find it hilarous that Dennis had hair. They think their dad looks really funny. I guess that would seem weird since they have only known him sans most of his hair. It seems pretty weird to think about being married 20 years, but then I kind of seems like we have always been married.
I guess the fact that we have Junior in high school and have 20 years means that we are officially old. Well at least that's what our kids think. Funny, other than a few extra pounds and a little less flexibility, I don't feel that different than I did 20 years ago.

5 comments:

Lost Woman said...

20 years....I don't feel that much different either, and I feel certain it was just a couple of years ago that Dennis had hair.

Happy Anniversary!

Hey, Tucker is past the wonky hair?
It looks good in the picture.

michandler said...

We think Tucker is past the wonky hair but he keeps saying he is going to grow it out again. Everyone and I mean everyone has told him how much they like his hair the way it is.

crazy lady said...

I showed his picture to some of my 9th grade girls and they all agreed he was hot. The new haircut is DEFINITELY much more flattering. So, yeah, he'll probably grow it out again. All three of the boys look great. They're getting big all right!

Amazing that it's been 20 years. I remember that pic very well. As well as the one with Kelsey that I love so much.

Congratulations on the milestone.
Today I feel old, but then an oncoming migrain could be part of that feeling....

wallymom said...

I have the same picture tradition for school, but didn't get them posted this year. Congrats on Twenty. That's awesome.

jo said...

Now doesn't that just make sense...to start school AFTER labor day....I think so! CONGRATS on 20 years! I think you guys are still a handsome couple! Here's to 20 more ;)