Saturday, February 21, 2009

Now For Something Completely Different

It's hard to figure out exactly how to follow up the last post. Everything else fades to trivia in comparison. There has been even more tragedy amongst our circle of friends since that post (the Victor link under Blogs I Love). There isn't more I can say on the subject than I have already said.
So, I am going for completely trivial today. I thought I would post this picture after looking at Inkom Crazy Lady's post with the funny monster card (which reminded me of a cartoon that used to be on Nickelodeon about Monsters). Although not as colorful as her card, it is still kind of wacky and fun.
At our Ward Christmas party they put out paper and crayons and encouraged people to draw. They said there would be prizes. What more can I say than crayons, teenaged boys and prizes. Although there are some contributions from Spencer and Dennis, this was primarily Tucker's take on the occasion--Frosty the Zombie Snowman. (I think he did say he had seen something similar on YouTube or someplace). That's a heart clutched in Frosty's skeletal hands and those aren't Frosty's feet coming out from the bottom. Spencer added the Santa Squid up in the corner and Dennis contributed the hand reaching out of the hole. For whatever reason this just struck my funny bone (maybe I'm warped too and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree). I get a special chuckle out of the little stick figures in the corner, futilily throwing snowballs at Frosty. This has been hanging on our closet door in the living room since the night of the party back in early December. Who knows when it will come down. I thought it was worth preserving so I took a picture of it.
And, in case you were wondering, they did win the prize at the party! (A box of candy canes as I recall.) Go figure. I guess we go to church with people just as warped as we are!

4 comments:

crazy lady said...

That's some sweet illustration going on there. And what's not to like about a heart clutching zombie snowman? Who cares what the prize was!?! They won, and hence having bragging rights in addition to the lovely drawing. :0)

Lost Woman said...

Wow, you spiced up your page! I have no idea how to do any of that blog dressing up.
That is certainly a fine testosterone drive snowman. Every Christmas should have one.

The Liddle-Roches said...

Go Tucker (ok...and Spencer and Dennis)! Just imagining a zombie snowman should have won the prize...let alone the wacky crayon drawing. Well done.

Hey, got any of those candy canes left?

jo said...

WARPED IS RIGHT! Tee, hee, hee. How funny! Even more funny they won the prize...strange people in Seattle :) Sometimes we need trivial mixed in with the tough stuff to stay sain! Enjoyed the post.