Friday, February 27, 2009

Tucker at 17

What I want to know is, how did this

sweet

little

muchkin

become....







THIS!!!



















Yup. He's 17!! How did that happen?
Actually his birthday was yesterday, but we celebrated it today because Dennis was in Florida until late last night. I meant to post this on his actual birthday but my scanner wasn't working at home so I had to take the baby picture in to work and scan it there.
Wasn't he a cutie though? Still a pretty handsome lad even though he is looking more grown up all the time. For some reason 17 just seems way older than 16. It's freaking me out a little bit. We are a skip away from him leaving home which I prefer not to think about. So I won't.
Tucker is a good kid (most of the time). He is kind hearted, sensitive and funny. He has a bizarre sense of humor and often makes random comments completely out in left field. He's a good big brother (again, most of the time). He has trouble not spending all his money because he doesn't have the patience to wait. He is still trying to figure out who he is going to be which is sometime frustrating to watch and let it unfold. I don't think I tell him (or the other boys, or even Dennis) how much I love him. He was my first baby boy and I am so glad he came into my life!

9 comments:

Kelsey said...

Well happy birthday to Tucker!

(that pie looks awesome. Did you make it?)

michandler said...

Yes I made the pie. It is a peanut butter pie which is a family favorite. I think it is the best one I've ever done.

crazy lady said...

I am in awe. Of both the pie AND the boy! I too can hardly believe that he is 17 and has morphed from that sweet lil guy with the captivating smile into - well a sweet big guy with a captivating smile. I can imagine that it all IS freaking you out a bit. It freaks me out when I stop and think about how fast time goes.
He is a fine young man and he is a credit to both mom and dad. "You done good pilgrim. " (Said in bean eating, swaggering John Wayne way - I'll never forget Dennis getting him to eat his food, cause John Wayne would... :0)

crazy lady said...

OH, and is the blue mark on the throat a rite of passage in the Chandler family? Of just an indication of a marker gone mad?

Lost Woman said...

So glad someone else asked about the blue mark on the throat!
Covering a hicky? New gang tattoo?
Stain left from cheap copper choker?

Ok, I'm thinkin its just a pen mark, but it was fun thinking.

Happy Birthday Tucker!!! 17 sounds vERY scary to me, as he is now close to the age of the kids I teach.... I find that frightening.

The pie looks amazing. The boy is pretty sharp too.

michandler said...

It's just a pen mark--sharpie gone wild.

homeless72 said...

Wow, seeing these pics freaked me out, not just because of the fact that I remember when Tucker was just a baby, but because it made my mind jump forward to when Jayden will be 17. Time flies.

wallymom said...

Happy birthday to Tucker. Wow. Time flies.

The Liddle-Roches said...

Ah, such cute little cheeks!

Well done, T on growing up and keepin' it real. Nice to know that 17-yr-olds still have that unique ability to make mothers to feel joy and pain simultaneously. Exquisite agony. You both must be doing something right.

And, yeah, that pie looks delicious! Any chance we can make a peanut butter pie date for some time this summer? I'll try to get my mouth to stop watering in the meantime...